The Main Differences Between CBD and THC
Both CBD and THC are cannabinoid substances that come from the Cannabis Sativa plant. However, CBD is extracted from both the female and male plant whereas THC is only derived from the female plant. Both cannabinoid substances are used for medicinal purposes, but each acts differently when ingested into the body.
What exactly is CBD?
CBD stands for cannabinoid and it is a substance that provides benefits to the human body with little to no side effects. This is because CBD doesn’t contain THC, which is a substance that does cause side effects for some people. The benefits CBD oil can provide are:
- CBD has the ability to protect against cancers and fight them such as colon and breast.
- The cannabinoid works wonders for preventing and relieve inflammation.
- Insomnia is relieved by taking the substance nightly.
- Anxiety, panic attacks, depression, and other mood disorders are relieved with the natural substance when used regularly.
- People who suffer from chronic migraine headaches or body pains can receive natural pain relief with CBD.
- People who suffer from chronic nausea and vomiting find relief with the natural anti-nausea abilities CBD can provide.
- Symptoms that come along with autoimmune disorders can be relieved with CBD such as IBS and Asthma.
- CBD can help protect against diabetes since it has the ability to maintain glucose and insulin levels.
- Using CBD daily can help prevent oxidative stress on the body which can help prevent signs of aging and protect the heart.
- Some bacterial infections caused by MRSA can be treated with CBD.
- CBD can help reduce addictive behavior such as smoking.
What forms does CBD come in so benefits can be received?
CBD comes in three forms that can be used to receive the benefits from it. Those forms are oil, whole flower and powder. Surprisingly the whole flower that is extracted from the cannabis Sativa plant contains the least amount of beneficial CBD.
The forms that contain the highest amount and provide the most therapeutic medicinal benefits are the oil because it is extracted by pressing multiple whole flowers, and the powder form that is created from the oil extracted from the flowers of the plant. The form that is used the most is the oil because the benefits are received almost instantly since it is able to absorb into the bloodstream quickly.
How does THC differ from CBD?
THC differs from CBD because THC acts as a psychoactive substance. THC stands for tetrahydrocannabinol and it is a substance that comes from the female parts of the cannabis Sativa plant, also known as marijuana. As you probably already know marijuana is a dried herbal substance that is smoked or baked into edibles in order to receive the benefits of THC. THC still provides all the same health benefits of CBD, but this substance can cause side effects such as:
- Rapid heart rate
- Low blood pressure
- Slower digestion
- Distorted sight, sound, and smell
- Impaired thinking which some refer to as “The state of being high”
- Memory loss
- Irregularities in appetite that can cause weight gain or loss
What are some end thoughts to keep in mind for CBD vs THC?
If you are wondering which substance to use for benefits it all depends on the individual. For someone who wants the benefits of the cannabis Sativa plant, but doesn’t want to feel high or any other side effect than CBD is best.
If side effects such the high does not bother you and your just having a relaxing weekend not doing much of anything and want to receive the benefits from the plant than using the form that contains THC might be suitable for you. Knowing which CBD vs THC is best for you depends on your condition physically and mentally and what substance provides the best benefits to you.