Tips on How to Choose Perfect Engagement Ring
Marriage is an important milestone in someone’s life. It is a life event that changes a lot of things and paves the way for the future. The first official step for two people towards entering into marriage, is getting engaged. This special occasion is marked by the exchange of engagement rings and is a very special day in the life of the couple.
Men usually plan a surprise for their better half and pick out the perfect engagement ring to seal the deal. However, how do you choose the perfect ring? The ring picking process is a well thought decision as it involves a large sum of money and is also a mark of matrimony that the couple wears everyday of their life. We understand the importance of choosing the perfect engagement ring and have listed down a few tips that will ensure you pick out the best.
- Determine your budget for the ring – the budget will determine how the entire process will play out and hence it is essential to set out before you step out to buy. There is no right or wrong when it comes to this. It varies from couple to couple and hence has a very personal approach. There is no need to follow guidelines or go by what someone else is doing. It is a personal choice that you make with your partner. You can look through a few diamond rings online to get an idea of what you want and how much it will cost.
- Choose the diamond you want on the ring – once the budget is set, it is important to choose the diamond you want for the ring. This is based on the 4Cs – cut, carat weight, colour and clarity. These four factors put together determine the look, the quality, the size and the cost of the diamond. One should be very clear about choosing each of the four factors as it determines how the final product is going to come out.
- Select the setting of the ring – after the diamond choice has been made, the setting of the ring is the next important step in the anatomy of the ring. The setting is essentially the way the diamond is secured in platinum or gold. Again, out of the different options of ring setting available, it is a very personal choice that must be made. Some settings work best with certain shapes and not so much with others. It is important that both work in tandem while you are selecting the final product.
- Choose a precious metal for the ring – the next step in the process is choosing the metal in which you want your ring to be made. Gold and platinum are the two most popular choices when it comes to engagement rings. Gold rings for women are very popular as diamond and gold are like a match made in heaven. However, it is important to go with a metal that you prefer and would like the ring to be made in.
- Find the right ring size – this is the climax of the entire process as it all boils down to this. From the moment you first slip the finger on her ring, you must ensure that the size is perfect!
These tips are very general in nature and should be able to help make the process smooth for you. It is important to remember to not rush into any decision and decide things on an impulse as it is a token of your love and must be carefully put together.